04 January, 2012

Word of the month

Back in 2007, Ali Edwards started a tradition of picking one little word in the beginning of January.  This little word would sum up the "goal" of the new year ...  a sort of New Year resolution:
Last year I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January – a word that I can focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. Last year my word was something I wanted to bring into my life in a more tangible way.                                                                                                      Ali Edwards
  
Today the concept of one little word is extremely popular among bloggers.  It's fun to read how one small word guides people's projects, brings hope, help, and meaning to some while becoming an inspirational source to others.

This year I've been contemplating a thought of choosing a word for myself, but it seems too impossible to narrow all my ideas down.  So after some hard thinking I decided to pick one word for every month.  Instead of having one little word I will get to play with 12 tiny ones.  And I promise to share all of this with you.

My word for January is 


These days I am trying to organize my house, my time, my creative ideas, my school and my work.  I really feel like I need a good, solid structure in order to continue with 2012 and make it an amazing, fulfilling, happy year.

Did you pick your little word, yet?  What would it be this year/month?

No comments:

Post a Comment