03 January, 2012

January "TO DO"

I am so excited about 2012!!!  I have lots of plans for this year and many of them have to do with this blog.  Through the month of January I will be changing things around so if you have a hard time finding some of my previous posts, just drop me a line or leave a comment to one of my posts.
I will also be introducing new features and will be sharing some exciting tutorials and giveaways.

Here is the first new feature for 2012: monthly "to do" lists.


  • Are you suffering from winter blues?  Try adding colour to your wardrobe, home decor and even craft projects.  Winter tends to be long and grey - little bits of colour will help to lighten it up.
  • January is a great time to get organized.  One thing I like to do is to note down all the important dates and birthdays in my agenda.  If you prefer online notifications several websites offer this service.  My sister likes Google calendar while I use BIRTHDAY ALARM.  For more organizing ideas check out this month's ORGANIZE series.

  • When putting away your Christmas and New Year decorations sort through them and discard any broken ornaments (or donate those you are not using anymore)
  • Do not forget to write "Thank you" notes for Christmas gifts
  • If you used up most of your Christmas wrapping paper/disposable dishes/napkins etc. now is a good time to buy them for the next year.
  • Drink plenty of water this winter.  I always feel less thirsty during colder months, but staying hydrated in January is as important as it was in July.  Carry a water bottle and make yourself a pot of tea at home.
  • January is a good time to take care of your indoor plants: move them away from cold windows, mist regularly, and wipe leaves with a damp cloth.
  • If you do not have any indoor plants you can brighten your place by forcing spring bulbs.  Start now and you will have beautiful tulips and hyacinths by the end of the month.
  • If you have a garden, January is a good time to begin planning your season.
  • Add colour to your diet by eating more salads.  For an added benefit, try to incorporate as many seasonal fruits and vegetables as possible (oranges, squash, endives, and cabbage).

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the "get organised" part in January! I also recommend Google Calendar, since it will email you the upcoming events, if you change that in the settings.

    Happy 2012 from Ireland, Anna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year to you too!!!

    ORGANIZING is my theme for the month of January. I will be posting more about it throughout the month.

    ReplyDelete