20 January, 2012

Idea organizing

Since January is a month of organizing, I want to share with you my method of organizing ideas.



I find that using 3 small notebooks helps me to organize not only my work and school-related schedules, but also my creative ideas and my blogging "stuff".

Here is what I use:





1. AGENDA
I do not have a fixed weekly schedule, instead I hold several part-time jobs and my teaching schedule varies throughout the semester.  So I find having an agenda/weekly planner to be extremely useful. This year I decided to make one myself (tutorial coming up) and this cute red and pink notebook holds all important dates, deadlines and appointments.
I find it useful to use pencil rather than pen in my agenda - this way I can "move" things around easier, keeping pages (more or less) "organized".



2. IDEAS NOTEBOOK
Do you remember recycled notebook I've made in October? Well I am using a similar one as my Ideas Notebook. The size makes it perfect for caring around and I use it to write my "to do" lists, phone numbers, ideas that pop in my head throughout the day, shopping lists ...
Once I go through all the pages in this notebook, I will make a similar one to use next month.  Oh, and I will definitely share a tutorial for the new type of binding I use.





3. BLOG PLANNER
I bought this agenda on a whim, while gift shopping in December.  At that time I had no clue it would become an essential part of my idea organizing package.  Now, I use it to plan everything blog-related.  I schedule my posts in the monthly preview and use the rest of the month pages to jot down topics and to sketch post content.  I also have blog outline and plan upcoming series on the "notes" pages of this agenda






How do you keep organized? Where do you store all your favorite ideas?

Pin It


Click here for more organizing ideas from SAS-does,
Last year, Anya was blogging about Travelling Album

No comments:

Post a Comment