05 July, 2012

SUMMER TAG

Do you remember my seasonal tag project?  It's time to show the summer tag.


This time I decided to try several new "tools":
1 - Tim Holtz's distress stains (Chipped sapphire)
2 - Acrylic medium with glass beads (Liquidex Glass beads)
3 - Alcohol ink over the acrylic medium
3 - Rope knot

I am really pleased with how the tag turned out: the blue of the stain mixed nicely with the light brown of the distress ink pad, coloured glass beads resemble the sand, and background stamping together with distressed paper roll gives the tag a summery feel (it actually makes me thing of the map envelope page from the Travelling album I made a while back).  Working with the rope was a lot of fun too.  I am hoping to have a couple of step-by-step tutorials for knot making in the near future. 


Are you making any summer projects? I have a small collection of my favorite seasonal DIY from the blogosphere to get you inspired.
Anya

No comments:

Post a Comment