15 November, 2011

Books

I decided to share a couple of books that recently caught my attention

THE HANDMADE MARKETPLACE by Kari Chapin has been out for a little bit less than a year.  From what I've read so far, this "manual" is great for beginners and covers a wide range of topics from "creating your own brand" to "using blog to promote your craft business". 


THE ARTIST'S WAY is a 12-week course touch by Julia Cameron.  I have discovered Julia's website by accident and am quite anxious to complete the course by following THE ARTIST'S WAY book.



I've heard and read about THE HAPPINESS PROJECT before and although I consider myself a happy person I would love to read about Gretchen's quest for a happier life.


Another accidental discovery - Betty Edwards method of teaching drawing:
..."learning to draw" means learning to make a mental shift from L-mode to R-mode. That is what a person trained in drawing does, and that is what you can learn.
I would love to give this method a try and get a copy of THE NEW DRAWING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BRAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment