04 October, 2011

En fin ...

I can tell you all about this:

You might remember the image from my POST BACK IN SEPTEMBER.  

This is Lechatelier photo album and it is now available at MY ETSY STORE.  Since Etsy allows only 5 images per listing (unless you pay extra) I will show all the details of the album here.

The album was a breeze to make, I think it is mostly because of the paper:  I fell in love with BASIC GREY'S CURIO COLLECTION the moment I saw it.  I bought several sheets, paired it up with paper from my stash and began creating.


Surprisingly, the album cover was the most challenging part.  I just could not find a colour that would tie everything together.  Finally, I decided to use HELLO LUSCIOUS collection from Basic Grey.  I contemplated between 2 different designs and picked the green one.  I really like how it pairs up with all the embellishments.


By the way, it is the same paper I used for ONE OF THE CARDS from this line.


I decided to leave the inside of the front page almost bare.  To add some functionality, I made a roomy pocket for extra photos, keepsakes, or notes.  


A cute card, attached to the pocket creates a perfect place for journaling.


The second page was actually the first one I made.  I was excited to try TIM HOLTZ'S DISTRESS CRACKLE PAINT and was super happy with results.


I aged the die cut card and lightly stamped onto it.  I think it would be a nice spot for a photo caption.


Finally, I layered paper and embellishments to decorate the page, without making it too ornate.

The album is availalbe at BRASS AND RUFFLES Etsy boutique.  I will show more of it throughout this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment