09 January, 2011

Weekly Kaleidoscope 1

Welcome to the first weekly SAS kaleidoscope.  Through Kaleidoscope I would like to shre with you my favorite Internet finds of the week.  This week favorites are:


1 - "Let it Dough" cartoon by Christoph Niemann (via The New York Times).   Christoph and his sons were playing with cookie-dough, creating the Earth, Italy, reindeers, Ikea bookshelfs, embarassment and many more interesting things.  Christoph has his own blog, full of funny illustrations at http://niemann.blogs.nytimes.com.

2 - Mabona Origami is a website of a talented Swiss origami artist, Sipho Mabona.  Check out his galleries and blog for more beautiful work.  Unfortunately, some of links of the website did not work for me today, but I was able to find Mabona Origami Flickr stream at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sipmab
UPDATE: all the links work.

3 - 12 Months of Christmas is an ebook, put together by Talia Carbis from Life's Visual Journal.  If you miss Christmas spirit throughout the year, like I do, why not create one Christmas project per month: paper garlands, handmade crafting paper, Advent calendar, and even Christmas elves (although you will have to wait till December to make those).

4 - Did you know, that every year, Pantone "predicts" which colour will be popular in fashion and design?  Well, this year's colour is Honeysuckle
Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it.
5 - I LOVE paper doll.  As a child I had a big collection and spent hours and hours changing their dresses, drawing new ones, and playing with paper dolls with my girl-friends.  Paper Thin Personas offers cut-out pages for different paper dolls 3 times a week.  I better get my scissors ready!

6 - Liana's Paper Doll Blog is another paper doll (DUH!) website.  I found the link on Paper Thin Personas (they have an extensive Link page) and immediately fell in love with beautiful gowns.  Liana also shares some tips and history about some of clothes she draws.

No comments:

Post a Comment