19 June, 2012

PURPLE ...

After the invasion of red and white we now have purple flowers taking over the garden:
  • both malvas are full of flowers.  They've been blooming steadily since early May and I am hoping to keep flowers coming by thorough deadheading
  • little pansies are opening up 
  • purple coleus is getting too big for the container  
  • I could not resist and bought a small pink and burgundy fuchsia (I know it's not quite purple but I just had to take a picture of it)
  • and we already had several eggplant flowers


Tiny flowers of purple-blue lobelia are popping up in the containers.  They look so airy and delicate!


What colour is your garden these days?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I'm looking forward to exploring the rest of your blog.

    Sadly, my garden has no colors as it doesn't exist! I'm in the middle of a city, so I have to make do with my potted plants. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clair!

      Potted plants are a lot of fun too. And if you are lucky to have a balcony, even and itsy-bitsy one, you can try container gardening!
      Have fun looking around!

      Delete