12 June, 2012

Green container

How often do we want things we can't have?  While living in an apartment with a big patio I was dreaming about a little patch of soil for gardening. Today, living in a house with a backyard I am looking at gorgeous container gardens and want to have my own tiny balcony full of flowers, herbs, terracotta pots, and plants. So this summer I decided to plant not only in the flowerbeds and the garden but also in containers. Thankfully I have enough seedlings to make several interesting containers.

I used coleus and heliotrope seedlings I've started a while ago. I really like the way their leaves look together. The dark red of coleus creates a visual focal point. To add more interest I planted two "creeping jennies" (lysimachia nummularia) - a lighter and a darker one.


No comments:

Post a Comment