05 April, 2012

Spring tag

After practicing inking on the WINTER TAG it was time to work with textures...


I began by covering the tag with white acrylic gesso.
Once it dried I started experimenting with different materials: pieces of printed paper, lace, bits of cheese cloth. I used mod podge, thick white acrylic paint and acrylic molding paste to hold things together.


White distress crackle paint gave a final touch to the white tag. It was now time to add some embellishments.


Originally I wanted to decorate the tag with a handmade flower and natural branches but these extra embellishments would hide the beautiful texture of the tag. So I kept the flower and replaced branches with blue "splashes" that gave the tag an extra dimension and some character.


I am hoping to take share step-by-step photos of the flower-making over the weekend.  Meanwhile, I hope you like this textured, white, spring-y tag.

Want to see my WINTER TAG? Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment