29 March, 2012

Creativity ...

It seems that just yesterday my head was buzzing with creative ideas and I couldn't wait to get home from my day job to finish a project, or maybe begin a new one, or blog about things I've made ....
... and then something happened and my creative buzz went away and my unfinished projects are now sitting idle on the crafting table.


At first I blamed the lack of time, but I soon realized that time had nothing to do with it.  Just last week, when I had a lot of free time, I tried getting back to my crafting on several occasions and gave up before making anything.
This week I feel determined to shake this weird non-crafty state of mind off.  I am creating a series of exercises to help me. 


  -   First comes a weekly project.  The idea is borrowed from the ever-so-popular project life: documenting my weeks using crafty materials and supplies.  I am planning on creating 2 pages every weekend using papers and embellishments I'd find throughout the week.  It would also be a great way to use my huge pile of inspirational images.
  -   Second is the new TEA TIME series for this blog (more about it in the upcoming posts).
  -   I am also hoping to get some mood boards/inspirational boards going.  I've been contemplating an idea of creating those for a while and it seems like the time could not be better.
  -   And finally I will try to come up with short 5-10 minutes crafty exercises to fire up my creative mojo.  I would like to use them as warm-ups, completing one before jumping into big projects.


P.S. I've sketched this post yesterday morning and simply thinking about different creative activities got me so happy and inspired.  I already have several ideas for things I'd like to try out this weekend; most of them have to do with bringing spring mood into our house decor. P.P.S. The images have little to do with the topic of the post: they are my parade roses and lantana plant from last summer.
P.P.P.S. I would love to hear your inspirational ideas.  What do you usually do to get into creative mood?

______
A year ago Anya was cooking ROASTED PEPPER SOUP

No comments:

Post a Comment