Favorite holiday album?
- Michael Bublé's CHRISTMAS and my collection of good old Christmas classics
Favorite holiday movie?
Favorite holiday drink?
MULLED WINE aka GLINTWEIN
Mulled wine is an aromatic alcoholic beverage made with red wine, sweetener, and a mix of spices. Grog, punch, and glentwein/glintwine are all types of mulled wine. They are usually served in winter and come from mountain regions of Germany and Scandinavia. The main ingredient of mulled wine is red wine. Since spices and sweeteners are added to the mix you do not have to splurge on the expensive bottle. For a vegan version of glintwine substitute honey with brown sugar or agave nectar and make sure to get a vegan bottle of red.
What you need1 (750ml) bottle of red wine
2 cinnamon sticks. More for serving
½ vanilla bean (optional) could be substituted with ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
½ star of anise
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2-3 tablespoon honey (or vegan sugar)
1 orange, sliced
st of ½ orange
½ cup water
What to do
- In a small saucepan combine all the ingredients besides wine and heat slowly until boiling. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a bigger saucepan combine wine and the spice mix. Warm it up on the small heat.
- Do not let the mulled wine boil!!!
- Serve in a thick-walled glass garnished with a cinnamon stick.