18 October, 2011

Lilac Leaf Shawl

A couple of weeks ago, somewhere between paper-crafting and cooking, I finished my FIRST BIG LACE PROJECT

LILAC LEAF SHAWL (Ravelry link) from KNITTED LACE OF ESTONIA was a lot of fun to knit.

I've learned several new techniques: cable cast on, 7 st-nupps, and "sl 2 as if to k2tog, k1, p2sso" (quite a mouthful, eh?)

I did not have enough yarn to do all 14 repetitions of the pattern.  Instead I did 9 and my shawl looks more like an oversize scarf, which is fine by me.
While looking for help with stitch abbreviations I found the following signature-quote from DENISE IN MICHIGAN @Knitting Help:
Knitting is more like tying your shoes than it is like patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time.
What knitting project have you been working on recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment